Beth Israel Lahey Health
|Company Name:||Beth Israel Lahey Health|
|Job Location:||Boston, MA|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Beth Israel Lahey Health is seeking a Physical Therapist I in Boston, MA. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
When you join the growing BILH team, you’re not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Day (United States of America)
Physical Therapist I
Job Summary: A Physical Therapist I (PT I) is autonomously responsible for examination, evaluation, diagnosis, prognosis, intervention and discharge planning for the physical therapy needs of patients who have potential for functional impairments, limitations and disabilities and are referred to physical therapy.
- Evaluate patients to include: determining appropriateness of referral, medical history review, examination, identifying diagnosis, prognosis and plan of care. Discuss findings with patient and establish plan of care in collaboration with patient, family, supports and medical team as appropriate.
- Implement the plan of care using therapeutic procedures, equipment devices, teaching interventions, and ongoing collaboration and referral to additional health care providers to achieve patients goals and optimize function.
- Review the plan of care and the patient’s subjective or objective response to determine if goals/objectives are being attained. Re-evaluate patient status, review the plan of care and make necessary modifications to plan of care as necessary. Regularly updates or restates discharge plan.
- Manages a defined caseload and performs all administrative responsibilities including but not limited to: assessing competence and supervision of technical and support staff, data collection and record keeping e.g. billing, face-time sheets, QAI activities, participation on all hospital and departmental committees as requested, and attendance at department meetings and in-services as required.
- Perform all teaching responsibilities including but not limited to: teaching patients and families, orienting support staff, preparing and presenting clinical in-services, and providing interdepartmental in-service educational lectures. Responsible for supervision of physical therapist assistants, allied health/professional coop students, rehab aides, and practice assistants.
- Bachelor’s degree in Physical Therapy required. Doctoral degree in Physical Therapy preferred.
- License Physical Therapist License required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- New graduates, who have submitted a complete and accepted application for licensure, and out of state licensed physical therapists are expected to obtain Massachusetts license within 3-6 months of hire date. Will need to work under the direct clinical supervision by a licensed physical therapist and have all notes co-signed until license has been obtained.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- APTA membership
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 – 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients’ lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer: MALE/FEMALE/VETRANS/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION.
Getting the Physical Therapist I designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Physical Therapist I.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.