Beth Israel Lahey Health
|Company Name:||Beth Israel Lahey Health|
|Job Location:||Plymouth, MA|
|Job Posted Date:||24-01-2023|
Beth Israel Lahey Health is seeking a Medical Records Clerk in Plymouth, MA. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
When you join the growing BILH team, you’re not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Day (United States of America)
8-hr shift; rotating weekends and holidays
- Retrieval, returning and refiling of medical records
- Assisting customers in the process of obtaining copies of medical records
- Answering of telephones and processing of the telephone requests and or messages
- Processing of ROI requests and requests from internal e-mails for medical records
- Scanning, indexing and archiving of medical records
- Updating of patient demographic information
- Collection and distribution of mail
- Opening and processing requests for medical records into the Release of Information Desktop
- Processing merge requests of duplicate records
- Processing of Accounting of Disclosures of medical record information
- Assist and cover various clerical areas of the department
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and does not include every detail of the job that may reasonably be required.
- High School Diploma of Equivalent
- Ability to read and write English at the 12th grade level
- Knowledge of medical terminology preferred
- Typing 35 words per minute; familiarity with filing systems
- One year of experience in an Acute Care Medical Record Department or an equivalent setting
- Knowledge of MediTech, Microsoft Work and Outlook preferred
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients’ lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer: MALE/FEMALE/VETRANS/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION.
Getting the Medical Records Clerk designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Medical Records Clerk.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.