Beth Israel Lahey Health
|Company Name:||Beth Israel Lahey Health|
|Job Location:||Winchester, MA|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Beth Israel Lahey Health is seeking a Coder in Winchester, MA. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
When you join the growing BILH team, you’re not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Day (United States of America)
Coder – 40 Hours
JOB SUMMARY: Contributes to the Hospital’s mission by reviewing physician orders on outpatient procedures to interpret the medical notes and assign the appropriate CPT and/or ICD code. This specialized administrative support position impacts the hospital’s financial success by streamlining reimbursement and physician satisfaction by minimizing the need to involve physicians in the reimbursement process.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Medical Coding Certificate or at least one year of ICD9/10 diagnosis and procedure coding experience required
- Computer experience required
- Experience with Medical Coding Certificate
- Experience in Health Information Management
- Meditech or experience with other electronic medical records
- Knowledge of medical terminology including anatomy and physiology, clinical medical surgery, diagnostic tests, radiology, pathology, pharmacology, and various medical specialties.
- For safety and quality reasons, must be able to read, write and communicate effectively in English with patients, visitors and fellow members of the hospital team.
Preferred: Trained in ICD10 coding.
LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS, CERTIFICATIONS:
Preferred: Medical Coding Certificate.
As part of the HIM team, this position performs the following functions in accordance with Hospital procedures and industry standards and regulation:
- Reviews medical records on outpatient procedures and tests utilizing basic knowledge of ICD coding’s, assigns and inputs the appropriate diagnosis and procedure codes.
- Reviews medical records on outpatient procedures and tests utilizing basic knowledge of CPT coding, assigns or verifies and inputs the appropriate CPT code to the procedures.
- Data inputs other pertinent clinical information as necessary and appropriate.
- Keeps abreast of various insurance plan submission requirements and inputs coding to meet those requirements.
- Keeps abreast of the industry/field ethical coding guidelines and consistently adheres to those standards.
- Verifies batch carries over properly to billing system. Reviews and addresses rejects.
- When necessary follows up with the physician/provider for clarification
- Investigates claim denials, collaborating with patient financial services and as necessary involving the physician/provider.
- Participates in quality and other audits as requested.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients’ lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer: MALE/FEMALE/VETRANS/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION.
Getting the Coder designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Coder .
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.