Beth Israel Lahey Health
|Company Name:||Beth Israel Lahey Health|
|Job Location:||Boston, MA|
|Job Posted Date:||01-02-2023|
Beth Israel Lahey Health is seeking a Medical Asst in Boston, MA. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
When you join the growing BILH team, you’re not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Evening (United States of America)
Medical Asst – Specialty Srvc
Job Summary: Performs a wide variety of medical assisting activities and assists providers with special procedures during patient visits in an office-based clinical setting. At BIDMC, a Medical Assistant in a hospital-based practice is not authorized to perform duties that can be performed only by licensed personnel, which includes but is not limited to, drawing up medications and/or medication administration or flushing an IV.
- Performs a wide variety of activities during patient visits. Sets up and assists providers and monitors patients during and following routine and special procedures. Performs phlebotomy, vital signs, height and weight, suture removal and dressing changes as needed.
- Cleans, disinfects and inspects medical equipment and instruments used for patient care between each patient use according to guidelines required by the unit. Prepares equipment to be sent out of unit for sterilization. Inspects equipment on a routine basis for damage or repairs.
- Performs appropriate departmental screening, lab tests and specimen collection. Implements quality control standards as required. Provide patients with relevant instructions for specific tests and procedures.
- Schedules follow-up tests and appointments using hospital systems. Contacts patients with reminder appointments.
- Actively assists and supports licensed practitioners by queuing prescriptions for renewal and performing the initial review of medication listings for accuracy in the electronic medical record (Web OMR).
- Procures and correlates medical correspondences from Health Information Management, providers and administration, as directed by department.
- Takes complete, accurate information from patients, prioritizing and communicating to clinical staff appropriately. Distributes questionnaires and forms to patient at the beginning of visit. Enters orders and information relating to the patient visit in OMR as assigned. Maintains patient confidentiality at all times, by phone, in discussion or by electronic distribution of information.
- Assists patients who have physical and psychological limitations with ambulation and patient care functions to ensure their comfort and dignity during the exam. May include transferring a patient from a wheelchair to exam table, undressing and dressing patients and ensuring patient is safe until provider arrives.
- Ensures that equipment and supplies necessary to carry out patient care activities are available and usable and the environment is clean, organized, and stocked appropriately. Monitors code cart supplies to ensure that supplies are within expiration dates. Tracks, orders and maintains supplies and equipment.
- Escorts patients to other ancillary areas as needed. Performs other support activities as requested by managers or clinical providers in order to provide for patient needs in an optimal way. Attends internal and external educational or training sessions as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED required.
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Medical assisting experience required through any of the following areas: MA, CNA (or LNA), EMT, PCT certificate, Associates Degree in Medical Assisting. Current or former nursing or medical student who has completed at least one clinical rotation. Successful completion of BIDMC in-house competency program in 2019. Successful completion of Basic Clinical Skills course at Northeastern University.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are based on specific instructions, standard practices and established procedures which generally require little or no supervision.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are routine, somewhat repetitive and generally solved by following clear directions and procedures and by identifying opportunities for process improvements.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow general instructions and procedures as provided. Work is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to work collaboratively in small teams to improve the operations of immediate work group by offering ideas, identifying issues, and respecting team members.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 – 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients’ lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer: MALE/FEMALE/VETRANS/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION.
Getting the Medical Asst designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Medical Asst .
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.