Beth Israel Lahey Health
|Company Name:||Beth Israel Lahey Health|
|Job Location:||Boston, MA|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Beth Israel Lahey Health is seeking a Sr. Consultant, Pharmacy Strategy & Execution in Boston, MA. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
When you join the growing BILH team, you’re not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Day (United States of America)
BILH Pharmacy is a comprehensive provider of pharmacy services for patients, healthcare providers, consumers and employers. A nationally recognized pharmacy leader and innovator, BILH Pharmacy offers a range of pharmacy solutions from community retail pharmacies to a nationally recognized specialty pharmacy, a home infusion program, numerous evidence-based clinical care delivery programs, clinic support services, research and educational programs. Backed by the support of a large healthcare system that leads with clinical expertise, innovative methodologies and cutting-edge research; BILH is a cornerstone of the overall BILH system.
The Sr. Consultant, Pharmacy Strategy/Execution provides consultative and advisory services to BILH Pharmacy and other BILH system leaders to develop clinical and business opportunities, create business plans, and drive the execution of related project initiatives. Reporting to the Director, the Sr. Consultant works as part of a team which supports a host of functions including: opportunity assessments, business case/pro forma development, and organization of the various workstreams and inter-dependencies of assigned initiatives; being ultimately responsible for the development of a comprehensive workplan. This is a highly visible position, providing insights and support to senior leaders in enterprise-wide departments and member organizations with the ultimate goal of support enterprise strategic planning to drive new business and revenue growth opportunities.
The following statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required of this position.
- Project manages and owns the execution of prioritized business strategies including supporting initiatives that require broad organizational support and input from multiple stakeholders
- With guidance from Director, manages project scope, anticipates opportunities and risks proactively to ensure cross-functional teams are meeting key milestones and deliverables. Effectively prioritize projects to complete work within established guidelines and timeframe.
- Utilizes strong financial acumen, analytical skills, and sound thought processes to develop business cases which are suitable for executive review
- Complete quantitative and qualitative analyses to support the objectives of assigned projects, including incorporating market and industry research and identifying project-specific impact metrics, as appropriate
- Develop and communicate complex information and compelling value propositions clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences, including senior leadership. With guidance from Director, produces polished, visually effective, C-suite-ready deliverables.
- Leverage strong interpersonal skills to build relationships and collaborate with others
- Communicate proactively issues/challenges and recommend options for resolution
- Perform and glean salient insights from various intelligence forums to inform medium to long-term planning
- Act as a mentor to junior staff, helping to rapidly develop their skills and knowledge
- BS/BA degree required. MBA or other advanced degree strongly preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience, including demonstrated experience in a consulting and/or project management role; financial analysis and strategic planning experience, preferably in a healthcare environment a strong plus
- Strong understanding of process analysis and improvement, project management, change management principles along with demonstrated project management and/or consulting background.
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills. Ability to deal effectively with ambiguous situations
- Superior analytic, financial modeling, and problem-solving skills with high data integrity and accuracy
- Strong work ethic, ability to take initiative without direct oversight and to work independently in a fast paced, evolving environment. Accountable for delivering high-quality work with a clear sense of ownership. Proactive, resourceful, self-starter, with a can-do attitude to drive projects to completion
- Possess strong interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with cross-functional teams including staff at all levels of the organization; thrives working in teams and can also work independently
- Strong written and oral communication skills with ability to deliver presentations to a wide variety of audiences
- Strong PC skills (e.g., MS PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio)
Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determine how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers. Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Work requires close attention to task for work to be accurately completed. Intermittent breaks during the work day do not compromise the work.
Work requires constant response to changing circumstances and using new information to adjust approach and to quickly respond to new needs.
No substantial exposure to adverse environmental conditions
Health Care Status: NHCW: No patient contact.- Health Care Worker Status may vary by department
Close work (paperwork, visual examination), Monitor Use, Visual monotony, Visual clarity feet, Conversation, Telephone.
Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally in carrying, lifting, pushing, pulling objects. Sitting most of the time, with walking and standing required only occasionally.
This job requires constant sitting, Fine Manipulation using one hand, Keyboard use.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients’ lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Getting the Sr. Consultant, Pharmacy Strategy & Execution designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Sr. Consultant, Pharmacy Strategy & Execution.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.