Beth Israel Lahey Health
|Company Name:||Beth Israel Lahey Health|
|Job Location:||Boston, MA|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Beth Israel Lahey Health is seeking a Asst. Nursing Director/ Acute Surgical and Trauma/ 40hrs in Boston, MA. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
When you join the growing BILH team, you’re not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Day (United States of America)
Job Summary: Provides leadership in the provision of nursing services to actively coordinate and triage patient care and clinical processes between all disciplines. Acts as a liaison between multiple departments. Supports the implementation and evaluation of quality nursing care to patients and families, under the direction of the Nursing Director.
- Manages and assesses the day to day operations of the department including: patient volume and level of acuity, critical care needs, hospital throughput, staff and physician concerns. Takes appropriate action to address outstanding issues.
- Provides clinical consultation to nurses or directs them to other resources.
- Communicates and interprets changes in nursing practice activities and standards of care, including competency development.
- Collaborates and communicates with other clinical staff to assure seamless progression of care to meet patient care needs.
- Under the guidance of the nursing director manages the hiring for RNs and support staff; completes annual reviews for RNs and support staff; oversees staff scheduling/ staffing and payroll, begins initial counseling for practice issues.
- Participates/ actively contributes in Faculty Hours and other quality and safety departmental initiatives.
- Has the authority to direct and support employees daily work activities. Has authority to undertake or recommend the following employment actions: hiring, termination, corrective action and performance reviews. Direct Reports: None Indirect Reports: None
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required. Master’s degree in Nursing preferred.
- License Registered Nurse required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required and 0-1 years supervisory/management experience required
- Demonstrated Leadership
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions with significant, broad implications for the management and operations of a major department or multiple departments. Participates in decisions on overall strategy and direction of the organization.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are broad, complex and abstract, often involving Medical Center-wide issues and requiring substantial creativity, resourcefulness, staff engagement, Lean diagnostic techniques, negotiation and diplomacy to develop solutions.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set direction and vision for major departments or multiple departments. Establishes priorities, develops policies and allocates resources.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate complex information in English effectively in writing to all levels of staff, management and external customers across functional areas.
- Oral Communications: Ability to verbally communicate complex concepts in English and address sensitive situations, resolve conflicts, negotiate, motivate and persuade others.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate broad and comprehensive knowledge of theories, concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex and/or unprecedented situations across multiple functional areas.
- Team Work: Ability to lead and direct multiple collaborative teams for large projects or groups both internal and external to the Medical Center and across functional areas. Results have significant implications for the management and operations of the organization.
- Customer Service: Ability to lead operational initiatives to meet or exceed customer service standards and expectations in assigned unit(s) and/or across multiple areas in a timely and respectful manner.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 – 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently to move objects. Some elements of the job are sedentary, but the employee will be required to stand for periods of time or move through out the hospital campus
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients’ lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Getting the Asst. Nursing Director/ Acute Surgical and Trauma/ 40hrs designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Asst. Nursing Director/ Acute Surgical and Trauma/ 40hrs.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.