Beth Israel Lahey Health
|Company Name:||Beth Israel Lahey Health|
|Job Location:||Cambridge, MA|
|Job Posted Date:||24-01-2023|
Beth Israel Lahey Health is seeking a Unit Coordinator in Cambridge, MA. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
When you join the growing BILH team, you’re not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Rotating (United States of America)
Unit Coordinator Needham 3
- Coordinates patient communication through a variety of general reception and clerical duties.
- Transcribes doctor’s orders to appropriate documents, enters routine patient charges via the computer system without error, and communicates with nursing personnel.
- Functions as a liaison between patient care unit and all support services throughout the hospital.
- Maintains the flow of medical record information, ensuring all pertinent information is filed correctly and in a timely manner.
- Maintains established stock levels of clerical supplies.
- Orients new personnel and acts as a resource for other professionals, clients, and significant others on the unit.
- Responds to staffing needs of the healthcare team by cross-training and floating to other units.
- Exhibits good telephone skills, takes accurate messages and ensures their delivery to the appropriate destination in a timely and professional manner.
- Attends the annual Safety Education Fair.
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Previous clerical experience (preferably in a healthcare setting). Medical terminology preferred.
- An ability to set appropriate priorities and organize work flow.
- An ability to concentrate and pay attention to detail during frequent interruptions.
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to interface with support and professional staff and patients.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients’ lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer: MALE/FEMALE/VETRANS/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION.
Getting the Unit Coordinator designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Unit Coordinator .
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.