Beth Israel Lahey Health
|Company Name:||Beth Israel Lahey Health|
|Job Location:||Boston, MA|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Beth Israel Lahey Health is seeking a Surgical Liaison/RN/ 30hrs in Boston, MA. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
When you join the growing BILH team, you’re not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Day (United States of America)
Job Summary: The BIDMC Nursing Mission is to build on a legacy of nursing excellence by caring with compassion, advancing the art & science of nursing, and advocating for the health of patients, families, and communities. This is a highly visible position on Stoneman 1 in the patient/ family surgery waiting room. The Nurse Liaison will provide ongoing and up-to-date information to waiting families on the status of the patient throughout the surgical process. They will act as a liaison between the family and the Holding Area, OR, PACU and the surgeon. Training, evaluation and competencies for this role are overseen by a Nurse Leader to the department.
- Responsible for rounding in the ORs and PACUs and providing progress/ status reports to primary contacts on a regular basis.
- Serves as the primary point of contact for social work, patient relations, pastoral care and other relevant departments. Works in a collegial and collaborative relationship with other health professionals to address the needs of families/ primary contacts.
- Escorts family/ significant others to and from the PACU when requested and stays with them during a brief visit.
- Manages systems for communicating with patients’ primary contacts postoperatively.
- Oversees program development.
- Develops relationships with families that maintain and communicate trust and respect. Communicates effectively in the exchange of information. Demonstrates the ability to act as a patient advocate.
- Maintains annual mandatory education requirements, which include emergency skills and general hospital competencies. Identifies needs for continued growth and development in conjunction with the unit based educator. Participates in activities that contribute to professional development. May participate in quality improvement activities.
- Demonstrates a commitment to patients, patient families/ significant others, staff and to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. The individual nursing practice reflects the goals of the Medical Center.
- Demonstrates responsibility and accountability for own nursing practice and patient safety.
- Demonstrates the ability for decision making by integrating theoretical knowledge with practical experience in caring for patients.
- Graduate from an accredited Nursing Program required. Baccalaureate degree in Nursing strongly preferred.
- License Registered Nurse required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
- 1-3 years related work experience required.
- Demonstrates clinical expertise in the area of perioperative nursing; has clear understanding of patient flow in the perioperative area. Knowledge of operating room and recovery room practices.
- Mature individual with good judgment who will provide a calm, supportive environment and respond to patients/ family members with patience, understanding and compassion.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to provide a high level of customer service in a professional, service-oriented manner and the ability to work collaboratively.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Experience in a teaching hospital and specialty area expertise.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation. May make recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge and skills based on general precedents.
- Independence of Action: Ability to follow precedents and procedures. May set priorities and organize work within general guidelines. Seeks assistance when confronted with difficult and/or unpredictable situations. Work progress is monitored by supervisor/manager.
- Written Communications: Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate full working knowledge of standard concepts, practices, procedures and policies with the ability to use them in varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 – 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients’ lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Getting the Surgical Liaison/RN/ 30hrs designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Surgical Liaison/RN/ 30hrs.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.