Beth Israel Lahey Health
|Company Name:||Beth Israel Lahey Health|
|Job Location:||Plymouth, MA|
|Job Posted Date:||24-01-2023|
Beth Israel Lahey Health is seeking a Insurance Authorization Specialist in Plymouth, MA. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
When you join the growing BILH team, you’re not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Day (United States of America)
20 hpw, 5-hr shifts; Mon-Fri
- UP TO $2000 SIGN-ON BONUS AVAILABLE****
Apply to learn more
COME WORK AT PLYMOUTH’S LARGEST EMPLOYER AND BE A PART OF A GREAT COMMUNITY!
EXCELLENT BENEFITS INCLUDING:
- No weekends
- Paid vacation, sick time & holiday time
- Excellent Health/Dental/Vision benefits
- 403B with company match
- Basic Life Insurance provided at no cost
- Flexible Spending Account
- Employee Assistance Program
- Tuition Assistance Benefits are prorated for part-time positions
- Provide exceptional customer service displaying courtesy and professionalism at all times while interacting with patients, families, physicians or other personnel in person or on the telephone.
- Review Outpatient and Inpatient accounts for accurate insurance information using the electronic eligibility software and/or a telephone call to the payer.
- Review Outpatient and Inpatient accounts to identify if notification, authorization and/or referrals are required and obtains prior to service being rendered and within payer guidelines.
- Review Outpatient and Inpatient accounts and verifies that the diagnosis provided by the physician meets the payer’s medical necessity policy for the upcoming service/procedure.
- Review physician documentation against payer medical policy criteria for requested services to ensure that the criteria has been met and documented prior to submitting for authorization and/or approving the appointment.
- Monitor accounts in Observation nearing 48 hrs and request from Utilization Review an update on discharge status.
- Maintain a working knowledge and understanding of each department’s appointment types, CPT Codes and ICD-10 Diagnosis Codes in order to obtain accurate information from insurance companies, use in submission of authorizations, clear accounts for medical necessity and speak knowledgeably with physician offices and insurance companies.
- Timely review and submission of authorization, referral and medical necessity to ensure that patients are able to keep scheduled appointments all while following departmental procedure.
- Monitor physician level of care changes and length of stay in order to make new notifications and/or request additional inpatient days.
- Facilitates timely telephone calls and on-line inquiries regarding status of outstanding referrals and/or authorizations and notifications.
- Review surgical bookings for eligible insurance and identify if a co-payment and/or deductible is required and document the information in Meditech.
- Obtain drug authorizations for certain surgical procedures where drug falls outside of the surgical authorization.
- Rectify, review and clear individual and batch Worklist, errors and alerts to ensure account quality and accuracy.
- Coordinate Peer to Peer reviews between insurance Physician Reviewer and hospital ordering physician when procedure or drug has been denied.
- Identify surgical accounts that have been postponed or cancelled and remove authorizations that are no longer valid and request updated authorizations.
- Troubleshoot insurance denials and billing discrepancies and prepare paperwork for appeal submission.
- Identify daily and make notification to management of “accounts at risk” that may result in rescheduling of appointment due to authorization or medical necessity issue.
It is understood that this is a summary of key job functions and does not include every detail of the job that may reasonably be required.
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of medical terminology is required, problem solving techniques, strong interpersonal skills, and effective oral and written communication skills.
- A minimum of (1) year in Patient Access /Patient Registration, Patient Accounts, or Physician Office in which there was direct hands on of verification of eligibility, obtaining referrals and authorizations, and/or registration of demographic and insurance information.
- Meditech experience a plus.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients’ lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer: MALE/FEMALE/VETRANS/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION.
Getting the Insurance Authorization Specialist designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Insurance Authorization Specialist.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.