Beth Israel Lahey Health
|Company Name:||Beth Israel Lahey Health|
|Job Location:||Needham, MA|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Beth Israel Lahey Health is seeking a Nursing Tech (Per Diem) in Needham, MA. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
When you join the growing BILH team, you’re not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Rotating (United States of America)
Job Summary: The nursing technician assists patients with activities of daily living, provides basic nursing care to non-acutely ill patients and assists in the maintenance of a safe and clean environment. The nursing technician functions under the direction and supervision of the RN. Under the supervision of the Clinical Director/Nurse Manager or delegate, the nursing technician assists in planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating the activities occurring in the nursing station by performing clerical and receptionist duties and maintaining the physical environment of the area. This position deals with a patient population ranging in age from adolescence to geriatrics with surgical/medical clinical focus.
- Consistently demonstrates a familiarity with the duties required of a nursing technician and performs all duties accurately in accordance with departmental policies and procedures; readily observes or assists others to obtain further knowledge
- Consistently demonstrates competence in performing care, treatment and procedures as outlined in the Nursing technicians Clinical Skills List.
- Always follows the Nursing Care Plan; observes established policies and procedures for proper patient treatment and care
- High School diploma or GED required. Vocational or Technical training preferred.
- Certificate 1 preferred: Certified Nursing Assistant
- 0-1 years related work experience required.
- Basic familiarity with computers. Ability to navigate at a basic level within web-based applications.
- Written Communications:Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in written English with internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications:Ability to comprehend and converse in English to communicate effectively with medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge:Ability to demonstrate basic knowledge of fundamental concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to use them in routine situations. Specialized knowledge not required.
- Team Work:Ability to interact respectfully with other employees, professional staff and/or external contacts to offer ideas, identify issues, obtain information or deliver services.
- Customer Service:Ability to provide a high level of customer service to patients, visitors, staff and external customers in a professional, service-oriented, respectful manner using skills in active listening and problem solving. Ability to remain calm in stressful situations.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 – 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients’ lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Getting the Nursing Tech (Per Diem) designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Nursing Tech (Per Diem).
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.