Beth Israel Lahey Health
|Company Name:||Beth Israel Lahey Health|
|Job Location:||Cambridge, MA|
|Job Posted Date:||01-02-2023|
Beth Israel Lahey Health is seeking a Endoscopy Technician in Cambridge, MA. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
When you join the growing BILH team, you’re not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Day (United States of America)
Endoscopy Technician – GI Clinic
- Effectively performs role in accordance with Endoscopy Department Mission Statement and Nursing Standards of Care and Practice.
- Demonstrates the ability to effectively prioritize and organize workload for efficient use of time.
- Consistently demonstrates ability to adapt to ever-changing demands of patient census and/or workload on each shift assigned.
- Independently anticipates patient and department needs without requiring constant direction for completion by other health care providers.
- Independently/collaboratively implements patient care interventions as indicated under the direct supervision of an M.D./R.N. within a reasonable time frame.
- Assists patients with the activities of daily living such as hygiene, nutrition, elimination, mobility, comfort and safety.
- Performs vital signs, phlebotomy, EKGs, CPR, and the collection and labeling of specimens.
- Able to set up and break down procedure rooms.
- Transports patients to diagnostic testing and specimens to the laboratory in a timely manner.
- Seeks assistance/guidance when confronted with clinical procedures not yet mastered.
- Allows time for explanations of procedures/treatment regimens to patients.
- Communicates pertinent clinical patient information to the nurse and other care providers in a timely manner.
- Accurately documents pertinent data as instructed on each patient’s nursing assessment form.
- Assists the float RN by bringing patients to procedure rooms and preparing them for their procedures.
- Assists in Recovery area washing and making up stretchers.
- Communicates effectively with members of the health care team as well as with patients and their families.
- Assists in the provision of discharge instructions to a limited patient population under the direct supervision of an R.N./MD.
- Recognizes the needs of other staff and assists them when his/her work is complete.
- Assumes scope washing responsibilities when Endo Tech is not on duty.
- Accepts and utilizes direction and supervision constructively.
- Acts as a patient advocate by consulting with appropriate health care providers as necessary in meeting patient/family needs.
- Appropriately follows line of authority in dealing with issues, concerns or problems.
- Actively pursues organization and /or educational activities related to growth and development within the patient care associate role..
- Attends in-service’s offered in the department that are pertinent to the role.
- Maintains BLS certification annually.
- Attends Education Fair annually.
- Assists in facilitating informal learning experiences for peers and students in a courteous, supportive manner.
- Delivers safe, competent care to Endoscopy Department patients in accordance with Endoscopy Department standards, policies and procedures.
- Promotes safety in the work environment by practicing Universal Precautions with 100% compliance.
- Observes policies and procedures regarding Infection Control.
- Implements safety mechanisms for patients based on specific needs – siderails, restraints, observations according to policy.
- Assures proper identification of patients through use of name bands.
- Provides for the safe keeping of patient valuables.
- Ensures that the supplies and equipment necessary for the provision of care are readily available and in working order in each procedure room assigned.
Assists with Procedural Biopsy collection at bedside under the direction of the MD/RN. Assists with the setup and implementation of balloon dilatation under the direction of the MD/RN. Participates in maintaining general cleanliness and organization in the department. Demonstrates ability to order and obtain supplies/equipment as needed.
- Works under the supervision of the Nurse Manager.
- Experience in basic nursing skills preferred.
- Able to acquire through educational programs and on the job training, technical knowledge related to the position.
- Basic Life Support certification.
- Interpersonal skill in interacting with patients, families, and a multi-disciplinary team of health-care personnel.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients’ lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer: MALE/FEMALE/VETRANS/DISABILITY/GENDER IDENTITY/SEXUAL ORIENTATION.
Getting the Endoscopy Technician designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Endoscopy Technician .
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.