Beth Israel Lahey Health
|Company Name:||Beth Israel Lahey Health|
|Job Location:||Fargo, ND|
|Job Posted Date:||01-02-2023|
Beth Israel Lahey Health is seeking a Director of Finance and Development in Fargo, ND. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
REPORTS TO: Headmaster
EMPLOYMENT CLASSIFICATION: 12-month, full-time, exempt
SUPERVISES: Assistant Director of Finance and Development; Facilities Director
The Director of Finance and Development serves on Capstone’s leadership team and is responsible for leading all aspects of financial management, asset management, and strategic financial planning in support of the academy’s mission to cultivate wisdom and virtue and to pursue what is good, true, and beautiful from a biblical worldview.
- Pray for the Headmaster to faithfully execute his calling in the ministry of Capstone Classical Academy.
- Pray for Capstone Classical Academy’s board, leadership team, faculty, staff, and families.
- Represent Capstone Classical Academy’s mission, and most importantly, Jesus Christ, by submitting to the Holy Spirit in interactions with colleagues and families to the glory of God.
- Assist the Headmaster with tasks as needed and directed to help him to serve families, faculty, and staff with excellence.
- Contribute to the refinement of the classical and Christian vision, traditions, structures, and policies of Capstone in its early years of development.
- Provide helpful observations and critique to the Headmaster for the purpose of helping him to improve Capstone’s service to its families, faculty, and staff, and to help him to support financial planning and development with excellence.
Strategic Financial Planning
- Develop and implement processes and procedures that ensure good stewardship of academy resources and assets.
- Work with the Headmaster to coordinate strategic financial planning with program and facility plans to meet long-term goals.
- Develop strategic plans to enhance the stability and viability of the academy in the event of future economic downturns or fluctuation in enrollment.
- Develop, implement, and refine reports, models, and instruments for financial analysis by the Headmaster and Board.
- Attend monthly Board meetings and provide financial reports, analysis, and recommendations to the Headmaster and Board.
Accounting and Record-Keeping
- Supervise and train business office staff as needed.
- Delegate tasks and supervise business office staff work in account payable, accounts receivable, and payroll tasks.
- Work with the academy’s accountant on the annual 990 filing and annual independent audit.
- Conduct regular review of academy books and record-keeping to ensure the accuracy, security, and timeliness of key financial accounting, archival, and reporting.
Personnel Selection and Supervision
- Direct and supervise the business office staff, including the Assistant Director of Finance and Development and potential staff in accounts payable, receivable, and HR.
- Interview, hire, and develop staff for the business office.
- Assist the Headmaster with growing the donor base and fostering strong relationships with current and potential donors.
- Delegate and supervise the maintenance of the donor database and gift archives to business office employees.
- Develop communication and relationship cultivation schedule and processes for relationships with donors.
- Audit donor database and communication practices periodically to ensure fidelity to best practices in cultivating donor relationships.
- Work with the Headmaster as directed to locate potential donors.
- Work with the Headmaster to develop relationships with potential and existing donors.
- Co-Chair capital campaign committees with the Headmaster.
Getting the Director of Finance and Development designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Director of Finance and Development.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.