Beth Israel Lahey Health
|Company Name:||Beth Israel Lahey Health|
|Job Location:||Boston, MA|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Beth Israel Lahey Health is seeking a CVI OR Clinical Advisor in Boston, MA. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
When you join the growing BILH team, you’re not just taking a job, you’re making a difference in people’s lives.
Day (United States of America)
The Clinical Advisor position is a leadership position in Perioperative Services, CVI OR on the West Campus of BIDMC. The clinical responsibility includes cardiac, vascular/endovascular surgery. Acts as a liaison between collaborating departments and immediately available to clinical nursing staff, physicians, support staff involved in the delivery of patient care. Serves as a clinical consultant, point of care expert. Collaborates with CVI OR Unit based educator in regards to staff development and education.
Job Summary: The BIDMC Nursing Mission is to build on a legacy of nursing excellence by caring with compassion, advancing the art & science of nursing, and advocating for the health of patients, families, and communities. The Clinical Advisor provides leadership in the provision of nursing services, supports the implementation and evaluation of quality nursing care to patients and families, under the direction of the nurse manager and/or director. Training, evaluation and competencies for this role are overseen by a Nurse Leader to the department.
- Coordinates the allocation of resources; acts as a clinical resource for staff; supports the nursing division by participating in performance reviews, initiating and contributing to quality improvement initiatives and standard development.
- Assess patient and their family issues, level of acuity, staff and physician concerns and take appropriate action. Update nursing staff, delegate duties and ensures follow through to address patient issues.
- Provides clinical consultation to nursing staff or directs them to other resources.
- Communicates and interprets changes in nursing practice activities and standards of care.
- Identifies self learning needs and updates clinical knowledge and skills through formal and informal education and review of current literature.
- Participates in and supports nursing research by utilizing current research findings in clinical and administrative practice
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required.
- License Registered Nurse required., and Certificate 1 Basic Life Support required.
- 3-5 years related work experience required.
- Demonstrated leadership through progressively responsible nursing assignments.
- Experience with computer systems required, including web based applications and some Microsoft Office applications which may include Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint or Access.
- Experience in a teaching hospital and specialty area expertise.
- Decision Making: Ability to make decisions that are guided by precedents, policies and objectives. Regularly makes decisions and recommendations on issues affecting a department or functional area.
- Problem Solving: Ability to address problems that are highly varied, complex and often non-recurring, requiring staff input, innovative, creative, and Lean diagnostic techniques to resolve issues.
- Independence of Action: Ability to set goals and determines how to accomplish defined results with some guidelines. Manager/Director provides broad guidance and overall direction.
- Written Communications: Ability to summarize and communicate in English moderately complex information in varied written formats to internal and external customers.
- Oral Communications: Ability to comprehend and communicate complex verbal information in English to medical center staff, patients, families and external customers.
- Knowledge: Ability to demonstrate in-depth knowledge of concepts, practices and policies with the ability to use them in complex varied situations.
- Team Work: Ability to act as a team leader for small projects or work groups, creating a collaborative and respectful team environment and improving workflows. Results may impact the operations of one or more departments.
- Customer Service: Ability to provide a high level of customer service and staff training to meet customer service standards and expectations for the assigned unit(s). Resolves service issues in the assigned unit(s) in a timely and respectful manner.
Age based Competencies:
Employees in this job must be competent to provide patient care to the following age groups: Neonatal:Birth to 6 months, Youth: 6 months to 16 years, Young adult: 16-30 years, Middle Age: 30 – 60 years, Elderly: 60 -.
Physical Nature of the Job:
Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally and or up to 20 pounds of force frequently. Job is physical in nature and employee needs to stand and/or move around through the majority of their shift.
As a health care organization, we have a responsibility to do everything in our power to care for and protect our patients, our colleagues and our communities. Beth Israel Lahey Health requires that all staff be vaccinated against influenza (flu) and COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Learn more about this requirement.
More than 35,000 people working together. Nurses, doctors, technicians, therapists, researchers, teachers and more, making a difference in patients’ lives. Your skill and compassion can make us even stronger.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Getting the CVI OR Clinical Advisor designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a CVI OR Clinical Advisor.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.