|Job Location:||Philadelphia, PA|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
Arcadis is seeking a GIS Consultant in Philadelphia, PA. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
Grade: 6 or 7
Salary: $70K – $90K
Location: Philadelphia, USA
At Arcadis we focus on attracting, retaining and developing people who share our passion and commitment to improve quality of life. In return we offer you the opportunity to transform your world and the world around you, that could be through client work, upskilling yourself, championing equality and inclusion or getting involved in charity work, to name just a few. Our people value different perspectives, they care about the sustainability of our planet and dare to shape the future.
One of our core values is ‘people first’, and supported by our Lovinklaan foundation, we invest in you for the long term, to ensure you reach your full potential. You’ll have the opportunity to own your career and work on industry-defining projects, finding solutions to real challenges that make a difference to people’s lives. You’re encouraged to have a growth mindset and are given the space to develop personally and professionally, building a flexible career that works for you.
Role description:Working within the Solutions Domain (Arcadis Gen’s Product & Solution delivery consultancy) to be the GIS lead on several overseas and domestic projects. The successful applicant will be an experienced GIS expert who is ready to forward their career in a role which will enable them to take the lead in defining visualisation solutions, both desktop and mobile.
You will get to work across many interesting industry sectors all of which have a large number of (mostly infrastructure) related asset classes found in rail, Highways, Bridges, Tunnels and Navigation. This will require you to work with Linear and Geospatial GIS techniques.
Your Primary job function will be to lead the design and deployment of Arcadis Gen’s GIS and visualisation solutions. You will also have the opportunity to deliver on linear modelling and BIM assignments through the Infrastructure consulting division projects.
You will be expected to spend 50% of your time on site for the initial 12 weeks, with 25% of onsite expectation for customer facing meetings in Philadelphia.
As a GIS Consultant, your responsibilities are varied and challenging and will include the following activities.
- Project Delivery: Utilising your GIS expertise, you will be instrumental in contributing to the successful delivery of our transformative programs of work mainly within the Enterprise Asset Management (EAM) and Enterprise Decision Analytics (EDA) disciplines. The scope of contribution can range from providing customer advisory services, requirements gathering and process definition, through solution design, development and testing, and deployment and support.
- Solution Specification and Design: You will have the opportunity to bring your GIS & Visualisation expertise to the development of Arcadis Gen’s solutions, aligning these to our customers’ challenges and working with our Product & Technology Teams to develop the solutions and products our customers need.
- Taking Responsibility: For assigned project duties, and bringing a professional and systematic approach to your work. You will also be expected to utilise your relationship development, stakeholder management and communication skills to develop high-performing relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Shaping your Growth: Gen is committed to being a learning organisation and investing in the continuous professional development of its people. Whilst we will provide you with coaching and support we will be expected to take ownership of your personal learning, and engage proactively with a range of learning avenues we provide.
- Managing risks and opportunities: Our consultants are customer-facing, and we expect them to help identify and effectively manage any risks that may impact project delivery – working proactively with the assigned project manager. Additionally, a significant contribution to our new business comes from identifying opportunities to grow our delivery to current customers, and high-performing consultants will be active in seeking out opportunities to apply Gen’s products and solutions to benefit our customers.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A degree (or equivalent qualification) in a GIS, engineering, science, technology or business-related degree
- ESRI ArcGIS Pro and FME skills
- Experience of linear referencing in GIS, ideally in an asset management background. A clear understanding of linear referencing process and dynamic segmentation in network modelling.
- Experience of data processing/fixing data issues in a GIS function.
- An analytical approach to understanding, describing/modelling and solving real-world problems
- An understanding of relevant infrastructure industry sectors in which we operate
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills, including conveying technical information
- Direct Industry/business experience in consulting or related activities
- Data Manipulation Skills using Excel or similar
- Understanding of the asset lifecycle, the role of EAM and enterprise analytics solutions and the delivery of implementation projects
Why Become an Arcadian?
Our work with clients has a direct impact on people’s lives and on the planet. We make moving, living and belonging in cities safer, more resilient and more sustainable. By partnering with our clients as responsible custodians of our earth’s resources, we can create a sustainable planet.
We continue to think of new ways to make positive impacts and create better experiences for people; data driven and digital solutions have become part of the Arcadis DNA. Working together with clients and using techniques like design thinking, we can get to the heart of our clients’ most pressing challenges and work together to solve them.
As a global business, we have committed to support five of the UN’s Sustainable Development Goals to ensure that our projects contribute to a better and more sustainable future for all. But it’s not just the work that we do on client projects that benefits communities and our planet. As a global business, we are committed to making a positive impact to society by supporting local communities where we operate.
To help protect our planet, we monitor and measure non-financial information to inform business decisions and reduce our own environmental impact as part of our commitment to be net zero carbon as a global company by 2030.
Our Commitment to Equality, Diversity, Inclusion & Belonging:
We want you to be able to bring your best self to work every day which is why we take equality and inclusion seriously and hold ourselves to account for our actions. Our ambition is to be an employer of choice and provide a great place to work for all our people. We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, colour, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Transform Your World
Getting the GIS Consultant designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a GIS Consultant .
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.