|Job Location:||Ellsworth, IA|
|Job Posted Date:||20-04-2023|
AgState is seeking a Feed Operations Supervisor in Ellsworth, IA. Please take a moment to read the job post below if you are interested:
AgState is currently seeking a Feed Production Supervisor for our Feed Mill in Ellsworth to support a fast-paced, diverse, and growing organization! Do you possess outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills? If so, this is the perfect position for you!
Under the direction of the Location Lead, plan and coordinate feed department personnel and operations in a manner that will optimize the company’s market share and savings, improve the company’s efficiency, promote safety, help achieve the company’s missions and goals, and result in outstanding customer service. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include hiring and training employees, planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities: Includes but not limited to the following:
- Work in a safe and efficient manner, according to the AgState Safety Policy.
- Utilize good customer service skills at all times, when servicing and greeting customers, and when working with co-workers and other departments within the company.
- Demonstrate work habits that develop, build, and support the team concept within the organization.
- Assist in the establishment and communication of department goals with the feed team.
- Monitor employee performance and ensure all employees comply and operate location equipment in a safe manner and safety policies are being followed.
- Ensure quality standards meet or exceed customers’ expectations.
- Coordinate daily schedule to expedite custom mixing and grinding.
- Ensure equipment is maintained on a regular schedule to avoid breakdowns and anticipate and plan for major overhauls requiring shut-downs.
- Coordinate with delivery team to deliver feed to customers in a safe and efficient manner.
- Ensure all incoming shipments are unloaded promptly and a sample is captured with each load done by the production team.
- Support training efforts for personnel and monitor employee performance.
- Share in the accountability/responsibility of monthly inventory.
- Supports other locations as needed.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays as required.
- Valid state motor vehicle operator’s license and good driving record preferred
- Outstanding written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills and ability to communicate effectively and prioritize tasks
- Ability to multi-task and adapt in a fast-paced environment
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year College or university; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Additional training in supervisory skills, agronomic background and budgeting desired.
Our Values R.I.S.E.
Respect, Integrity, Safety, & Excellence
Getting the Feed Operations Supervisor designation comes with some responsibilities. It would be a wise idea to take a few minutes to learn more about it so you can make an informed decision.
Applicants must meet the above-mentioned requirements in order to qualify for consideration to work as a Feed Operations Supervisor.
By clicking on the apply now button, you will be redirected to the official recruitment website where you can fill out your application.